Unfortunately, many people fear going to the dentist. At Island Dental Associates we understand the concerns that patients may have and are willing to work with them to minimize their level of anxiety. We have found that sedation dentistry makes the entire process more comfortable for our patients, no matter the reason for their visit.
The stress of visiting keeps many patients from making an appointment, even if they require dental work. This fear can actually lead to worsening problems in the future. With our sedation services, the patient does not have to remain fully conscious during the procedures.
In addition to anxiety, many also fear the pain associated with dental visits. Though we numb any area to be treated, the fear of needles leaves some unable to take the first step. Sedation allows patients to fully relax prior to any numbing agents being applied. The patient barely notices the needle prick due to the sedative.
Because the patient is more relaxed, we are able to focus our efforts on repairing teeth and gums. A calm patient can also stay for longer visits. The end result of these is fewer office visits overall. The more we can treat in each visit, the sooner the patient can switch to maintenance plans.
We understand that patients experience anxiety and fear of pain when it comes to visiting our office. That is the reason that we are pleased to provide sedation dentistry services to all of them. This simple addition to the medical plans allows our patients to get their dental health restored quickly and with a minimum of stress. We treat our patients with care and dignity.
Laser dentistry involves the use of laser beams to handle dental surgeries and other conditions related to the dental treatment. This procedure can also be used to treat gum related infections with a higher success rate than using other means.
Discussed below are a few benefits of laser dentistry.
1. Painless: Pain and fear are two things that come into many people’s minds when they think of a dentist. Nonetheless, dental procedures with laser beams is painless, meaning there is nothing to be afraid of. In addition to this, it reduces post-operation pains, bleeding and even swelling on the operated side.
2. Accuracy: Accuracy and precision in laser dentistry is much higher than other operation means, meaning tooth removal and extraction is almost perfect. Tissues surrounding the area to be operated on are left untouched, as only the affected part is touched or removed.
3. Reduced swelling and bleeding: a very limited part is induced to incisions to allow laser beams through. This means bleeding is highly controlled as the dentist doesn’t have to open up a wound on the patient. Laser surgery also reduces trauma in patients, because less drilling is required too.
4. Versatility: Laser procedures can be handled on almost any tissue, whether on soft gums or even through enamel (the hardest part of the body). This helps the dentist to be able to remove decaying matter from your teeth, root canal and in periodontal procedures.
5. Limited return visits: Unlike other dental procedures, laser dentistry doesn’t require a patient to keep coming back for anesthetic, as all procedures required can be done in one single visit. This helps patients save time and money, as well as avoid trauma related to other means of tooth extraction and other procedures performed.
Laser dentistry gives you a reason not to be afraid of dental visits, as you can have any procedure undertaken without any pains.
For more information about laser dentistry at Island Dental Associates call us at (516) 565-6565.